Clicking end-of-line after markdown link places cursor at start of line

Steps to reproduce

With the new editor, enter a line of text ending in an external markdown link using the [link text](https://link) syntax, and with the link being the last item in the line.

When you click away, this is displayed in the new editor with an external link icon displayed just after the link text.

Expected result

Clicking with the pointer beyond the end of the line should place the cursor at the last character insert position at the end of the line.

Actual result

The cursor is placed at the beginning of the line rather than at the end.

Environment

• Operating system: Linux
  • Debug info:

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v0.13.18
Installer version: v0.12.3
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: supporter
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: dark
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Safe mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Community plugins: for bugs, please try to make the issue happen in the help vault or disable community plugins.

Additional information

Adding any text at the end of the line beyond the link (e.g. a full stop) is enough to cause normal cursor behaviour to return.

I understand. I don’t consider this a bug.

Sorry, I don’t understand - it looks like this has been assigned to the ‘bug graveyard’. If it isn’t considered a bug then shouldn’t it be assigned as an improvement to make the user interface consistent?

To put it another way, why would you want an interface where clicking beyond the end of the line places the cursor at the beginning or at the end depending on what happens to be the last character of the line?

Feel free to open a feature request for this.

To be clear, what I see is that the cursor is placed at the same corresponding column of where you click. This happens in all cases in the last line not just for links.

I think I need to figure out how to screen capture some video to show this but Wayland seems to have broken my screen recorder.

@WhiteNoise - I think I’m not expressing the issue properly because your response doesn’t seem to fit.

@RoyRogers - I agree that if you click exactly at the end of the line the cursor goes where I want it to go, but it is also the normal user interface experience that when you click to the right of text in a word-wrapped word-processor situation the cursor is normally placed at th e right most point at the end of the line your are vertically aligned with. In that regard, clicking further to the right is not “inaccurate clicking” it’s just an efficient way of moving your cursor to the end of the line without having to precisely get your cursor just at the end of the line.