Steps to reproduce
- launch Obsidian
- start typing with Chinese input method (either mac built-in Chinese input source or Sougou)
The Chinese character selection bar appears right under the latin alphabet
- in the case of Sougou (aligning with “1”)
- in the case of mac built-in Chinese input source (aligning with the 1st character)
there can be 2 kinds of anomalies in terms of the position of the Chinese character selection bar:
vertically, it may appear half above the latin alphabet, or it may appear right. The vertical position is fixed within a relaunch, and may change between relaunches.
When it’s wrong, it’s like this:
horizontally, it may appear right, but more often than not the selection bar is in the wrong place.
The first typing after relaunch is usually correct horizontally, but then when you type within a line or between lines the selection bar appears all over the place.
This occurs after clearing all the lines and start typing:
The exact bug happens with mac built-in Chinese input source. The screenshots are omitted due to the upload restriction.
- Operating system: mac OS Big Sur (11.1)
- Obsidian version: v0.10.6