Zoom value shouldn’t change

Actual result

It resets

Environment

• Operating system: macOS 10.15.7
  • Obsidian version: 0.10.1

Additional information

7 Likes

Same here. I just found out about this issue and wanted to post about it.

• Operating system: Windows 10 Pro x64
  • Obsidian version: 0.11.5

Surprised no one else came in to report the same issue. This post was quite a while back. I thought it was a new issue, haha.

Same here: Not only is the zoom level reset in the original vault, also the zoom level of the new vault is not how I left it when I last closed it.

That’s quite annoying when separating content into several vaults and needing to switch between them (w/o keeping them open all the time).

1 Like

Steps to reproduce

After previously resizing the program via “ctrl” + “-” and then trying to open another vault using the “Open another vault” button, the program immediately reverts to its default size, which is quite a pain.

Expected result

I would like the program to automatically not scale.

Actual result

The program returns to its default scale.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.5

I also have the same issue. It is really annoying that every time the “open another vault” button is clicked, it reset the zoom level to all the opened obsidian windows.

I am using Obsidian 0.12.5 (installer version 0.12.3), MacOS 10.15.7

Updated:
You can use Obsidian URL to open the target vault directly and this will respect the zoom setting. See here:

1 Like

Using a Chromebook running Debian 11 Bullseye in a Crostini VM.

I suspect I’m an edge case. Crostini, when running Linux GUI programs, tends to suffer poor scaling, and my eyes are bad. The fastest and easiest fix for this in Obsidian is of course to zoom in, and it works great.

I’ve noticed that when I click the button to open a different vault, however, that the zoom resets itself to 100%. This is annoying and interrupts my concentration, and when I return to the vault I have to zoom back in again. It would be great if Obsidian would respect my zoom level in all its dialogs.

Same here, using Obsidian 13.23 on Win10.

Two suggestions:

1. I would love it if Obsidian remembered its Zoom/Scale-level per-window and per-workspace.
  2. The shortcut CTRL + + and CTRL + - should only work on the currently focused window, so you won’t scale two open (unrelated) vaults at the same time.

I’ve got two different-sized monitors that I use Obsidian on, sometimes I have one vault open on the left (portrait-mode) monitor with a 1200x1920 resolution, sometimes I keep Obsidian with another vault open on my main-monitor with a 2560x1440p resolution. This setup with different DPI / layouts require me to have individual zoom-levels if I’m using different themes.

Optimally I would love to just have the UI-scale (zoom-level) saved as part of a saved workspace, but each time I click “Open another vault” it will reset my settings back to default zoom/font-size, which is kind of annoying since I know have to manually press CTRL + + or CTRL + - until I’m back to my “comfortable” layout where everything is readable again.

will be fixed 0.14.7

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.