Card library view like Heptabase or Capacities

I have been using obsidian for a long time but have finally made the switch to heptabase since I kept finding it difficult to get an overview of my notes/cards.
I can find a sort of cardview just about everywhere else, like Notion, Google Keep, TAngetn Notes, Heptabase and Capacities and it I cannot believe that no one else in the Obsidian community would prefer this kind of preview.

The Canvas almost does it but then again in Hepta you can see the overview of cards that you would want to move into the canvas/whiteboard, and I find that way more useful than having to look at a long list of noteheaders.

The make.md plugin almost does it, but the cards are nothing but the title, and an image if there is one, what I need is a preview of the text, or the entire text.

Capacities does it very well.

As of now I am using heptabase but would like to come back to Obsidian if this was an added functionality. I would do so because of its way of storing locally, and because of all the customization abilities.

Anyone working on a plug in for something like this? Please :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yes, it could be a nice feature

I don’t know if this plugin will help, I think it does something similar, check it out.

1 Like

Hepatbase looks good. I wonder if exaclidraw would be a solution for you.

Drove me insane after switching from another platform as well… Couldn’t believe nobody else preferred it that way.

Made my own plugin for a temporary fix, but the code is awful and it constantly crashes to the point of having to relaunch the plugin for its functionality to work, so sharing isn’t really feasible right now. I do plan on actually making the plugin work in the future though. I don’t really know when it’ll be done though, since i’m also dealing with automatically integrating file color and folder icon features from the most popular plugins.

However, there are plugins that do similar things that are out right now…

This one actually looks promising and seems to provide a good card-like view of a folder.

And this Quick Switcher Card Plugin could also cover your wishes well enough.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! Keep us posted regarding your plugin :+1:t2: