Can't resize embedded PDFS. showing up very large and cant zoom them

My PDFs are huge, from width to width, and I can’t resize them like I do images like [[image.png|SIZE]], if this is not solvable its a horrible oversight.

9 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Resize embedded content as it was closed, but never resolved.

Hoping this feature can get added, as adding the size at the end of the link doesn’t do anything.

Just tried this today and this is still not working.

+1 for adding this.

Same, but the opposite problem.

I personally prefer to convert images with text in them to OCRd PDFs, allowing for the text to be searchable.

This results in very small PDF images, which I would like to be able to set the default zoom to (as can be done with the pipe and pixel width for images: |900, for example.

It would be great if we could add a similar suffix to a PDF embed to have it automatically zoom and have it be set to pixel width.

Thanks for all the incredible work!

1 Like

So we dont have a solution for resizing embedded images ? That does seem terribly remiss. OneNote is really good at this and also managing text around images… even outlook manages images better !! Generally I’m finding Obsidian is improving productivity overall… this does seem quite a simple problem …

This is a thread about PDFs. Yes you can resize embedded images.

God what a bone head - apols ! it just works… :man_facepalming: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Please add an option to resize PDFs, like how you can resize images.

I’m not sure if css can be used to resize pdf embeds. The css class for embeds is embed-strict I think.

I came to the forum searching for exactly this function - to be able to resize the embedded viewer, somehow, akin to resizing embedded images.

Sadly it appears I’m not finding anything, still. Hopefully this can be added later. Off to find if there’s an existing feature-req or not.

found the solution here

syntax is #height=200

1 Like

There is this plugin for manipulating transcluded PDFs:

+1 to this. For me, the viewer is too small and being able to enlarge it would be great.

Hi there
I have seen the reddit discussion but it didnt worked for me where you exactly add that text it?

this worked for me:
using the css snippet of like this

if you want it on specific pages, then you can use s.th like a “cssclasses” as YAML

I know it is not perfect solution but it is better than nothing