Can't create a remote vault with Obsidian Sync for I'm asked to remove the existing ones, yet there are none

Hello, I’ve bought Obsidian Sync and tried to set it up accordingly with the following instructions:

However, when I’m about to create a remote vault, it tells me I can create up to 5 remote vaults and that in order to do so, I would need to delete an existing one.

In understand in order to sync with 2 other devices, namely an Android phone and an iPad, I would need to create a dedicated remote vault.

I run Obsidian on a Macbook (2015 one running on Mojave) with 2 vaults so far. I had the iCloud drive setup and a copy of one vault on it, but disabled it altogether after reading there might be issues provoked by the concomitance. Still, I get the aforementioned message which doesn’t make sense to me.

How could I create a vault and sync my files at last?

If you look at Settings > Sync > Remote vault → Manage, what’s displayed there?

No remote vault
I can create up to 5 remote vaults and that in order to do so, I would need to delete an existing one

Any idea what’s going on?

I know you said you followed the directions, so I’m just double checking: did you log in to your Obsidian account in the “À propos” settings tab? If not, you need to do that (and Obsidian needs to communicate more clearly) (but you’ve probably already done that).

Otherwise I don’t know why it would do that, and I’d recommend emailing [email protected].

1 Like

I did, I’m logged in.

Will mail Obsidian about that

Did you solve this

Yes!

It turns out that for some reason I didn’t use my credit to purchase Sync.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.