Cannot make one-time payment to Obsidian-refuses zip code

Tried to make one-time contribution to Obsidian. In both Firefox and Chrome (latest versions of everything) the credit card form refuses my CCN, says “Your postal code is incomplete.” It’s a Canadian postal code which is 6-digits plus maybe a space. Then I made up a 5-digit US-style zip code and it took it. SUggest you tell Shopify to drop the zip code field which is too small anyway.

Before opening a new bug report, please search the forum for duplicates and read the Debug Guide.

We only consider bug that are reproducible in the sandbox vault or no third-party plugins/no css snippets/default theme. For Linux, we only accept bug reports that are reproducible with the Appimage package under Gnome or KDE.
Developer issues with the API should go here

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

Expected result

Actual result

Environment

Additional information

Do you live in Canada but have a card emitted by an US bank/institution?

Yep. It’s a US card but it only knows my Canada address. The zip field wouldn’t accept alpha numerics.

I am not sure I wanna blame stripe for not handling this. I don’t even know if they can.
You are gonna have to remember this, as I am sure you’ll encounter this problem in the future.

I’ve lived in Canada 12+ years with this CC and no problems. Anyway, doesn’t matter to me if it’s fixed or not, thought I was helping.

ok thanks

Let me close by saying Obsidian is great. Really enjoying using it and I appreciate all the work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.