Cannot click on nodes in graph view

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

When I open graph view, nothing happens when I click on the nodes.

I thought that would highlight the connections or open the file or anything thing like that…

Could it be the theme that I am using?
Or a plugin?

I am willing to deinstall all plugins if it is necessary, I’ d just like to know if there is anything else I could try before that…

I must admit, I went on a wild plugin trip and installed about 15 that sounded good… But I do not know if it had worked before that, I only have about ten files so far and I did not try the graph view before.

You don’t need to uninstall plugins to test — just turn on Settings > Community Plugins > Restricted Mode and it will disable them until you turn it off (your settings will be preserved). Restart Obsidian after turning on Restricted Mode to clear out lingering plugin stuff.

1 Like

Hello Cawlin, thank you for your suggestion. I did what you said but it does not help.
Hovering over or clicking on nodes in graph view does nothing…
Anything else I should try?

I have created a new vault for testing - here it works fine…

Good thinking.

It might be simplest to remove the settings from your vault and redo them. To do so, first make a backup of your vault. Then in your system file explorer move the .obsidian folder out of it (you may need to turn on hidden files to see it) and restart Obsidian. At that point your vault should have all of your notes but default settings. If you want to try to figure out the source of the problem you could check the graph after each plugin you add.

1 Like

Thank you Cawlin, I will try that :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.