Cannot click and drag with graphics tablet pen in Canvas

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

• Create a new canvas in the sandbox vault.
  • Double click with your graphics tablet pen to create a new card. Add text, whatever.
  • With your graphics tablet pen, try to perform any click and drag operation, such as: repositioning the card, resizing the card, or pulling out a connection.

Expected result

The card would be created, and you could then freely manipulate it using the click and drag operations. It would move, or be resized, or a connection would be created – the same as if you used a mouse. (That is how graphics tablets function in the vast majority of software – they just double as a mouse if there’s no pen pressure support.)

Actual result

The note is created and can be clicked into, edited… but none of the click & drag operations work. The card cannot be moved, resized, or connected using the tablet pen.

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Debug info:
SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.1.8
	Installer version: v0.15.9
	Operating system: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19044
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Additional information

The tablet I’m using is an Ugee 2150.

I can also test on a Wacom Intuos if needed.

After further testing – I had never tried to edit regular text with the pen before, only used it to handwrite in certain notes – this seems to be a broader issue throughout the program. Graphics tablet pens on PC are being treated like mobile input.

For example, if I open Notepad, write a sentence, and then click & drag across some characters with the pen, those characters are immediately highlighted as if a mouse did it.

But in Obsidian, I have to click & hold to highlight a word with the pen, as you would with a touchscreen / mobile device.

1 Like

you will have to search/open a FR for this.