Can you use ě,š,č,ř,ž,ý,á,í,é,ú,ů in note names?

Things I have tried

What I’m trying to do

Hello,

I would like to know if it’s fine using ě,š,č,ř,ž,ý,á,í,é,ú,ů characters in note names. The links seem to work fine, but since this app looks like vs code and I am a programmer this goes a bit against my skin using these as I fear there could be a problem, corruption or some other random problem.

Using names without these characters forces me to then rename them on the linking level which is starting to be cumbersome so I would love to use the special characters. My question is, is it OK to do that?

1 Like

It should work fine in Obsidian if those characters are supported in filenames on your OS.

But you’d have to verify it works with any syncing tools you work with, and is supported in the filename of any other OS you sync to.

(The only time I had trouble was having emoji in the name. Some subset of emoji wouldn’t be synced by Dropbox. But it was fine in Obsidian.)

1 Like

Thanks, I will try to migrate to using these words then, hopefully, it will be fine.
Thank you very much!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.