Can the presentation export as a PowerPoint file?

As the title

5 Likes

Not at the moment. Want to make this a plug-in request?

(Edit: Oops. Didn’t notice it was already a feature request. I do think plug-in is more appropriate but it doesn’t really matter where we put the idea! Never mind.)

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I too, would love to have this, even as a PDF export (with 1 slide per PDF).
Right now PDF export just puts lines just in the middle of the page :frowning:

I love making presentations in obsidian, since it’s very quick and there no messing about with positioning objects! It’s like beamer on steroids.

3 Likes

I’ve just started using Obsidian but this feature would be extremely helpful. I use gifs to showcase American Sign Language signs and exporting to PDF flattens them – being able to one-button export to PowerPoint would be incredible.

1 Like

I’d also find this particularly useful. I use Obsidian for presentations I give to colleagues and often share my slides as a PDF so folks can refer to the talk later. Unfortunately, the PDF export that exists in Obsidian isn’t presentation-aware; so slide breaks appear in the middle of pages and some slides are spread apart across multiple pages.

2 Likes

yeah, same as above. I am expected to dish out pdf of my presentation slides to the members of the meeting, so the pdf export would be really really helpful.

1 Like

I’m looking for this too—blending the functionality of a markdown second brain with the ability to share or present decks would go a long way towards me being able to lead my remote team more effectively. I need asynchronous, low-bandwidth ways to capture the ideas and then I want to share them in a way that my team responds well to.

I can’t stand the way it feels to write in a Notion or Roam bulleted style. I need actual text and markdown is what my fingers know how to write. Exporting to PowerPoint would be rad. But if you can make presenting via Obsidian Publish easier (like I could string together notes into different configurations and share the urls—that would be magnificent too).

2 Likes