Can CSS snippets be used with community themes?

Things I have tried

Searching this forum and Youtube for answers that address this question specifically. I know how to find and install a community theme. I can see how to create a CSS snippet, place it in the snippets folders and activate.

But I can’t find anything talking about how to use snippets with community themes so I can change the color of the italics, for example.

When I create the CSS snippet and activate it, it doesn’t over-ride the community theme CSS and this appears to be a problem that others have had as well.

What I’m trying to do

Make some minor style tweaks to a community theme I like. I’d like to change the color of the italics so it stands out and change the color of H3 so it contrasts more from H1.

U can use ur own css snippet on top of community theme. But u need to ensure urs have equal or higher specificity (CSS Specificity). I believe obsidian gives priority to css snippet but only if it has equal or higher specificity.

One way for u to know, is to open code inspector (Ctrl+Shift+I) and use the pointer (top left corner of the code inspector and click on the element u want to modify). From there u will know how specific u need to be.

This thread has a good bit of examples and will allow you to ask questions about specific CSS modifications to specific themes. Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.