Buttons Showcase

With the release of Buttons 0.4.0, Buttons has gotten a super powerful upgrade.

This Topic is to share how you are using Buttons!

Let the great Buttoning commence!

9 Likes

Ok hereā€™s something I didnā€™t realize could be done with the new Inline Buttonsā€¦

Buttons in Dataview

10 Likes

Hello! I have a suggestion, which I also documented just now on the Buttons Git page

• My tasks page has a nice button
name New Task
type note(New Note) template
action New Task
templater true
color blue

• which creates a New Note
  • but this New Note has the same title as the next note I create by clicking this button. So it only functions once.
  • I want to be able to name the new note each time I click the button.
  • here is the template it uses, and I would like the Templater tp.file.title function to also operate.
# <% tp.file.title %>

---
#tasks #inbox

Completed:: 
Project:: [[<%tp.file.cursor(1)%>]]
Priority:: 
Date Created:: <% tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD") %>
Due Date::
Defer Date::
Recur Length::

Completed Date::
energy::
Estimated Time::
  • I would like an option to ā€œName New Noteā€ in a pop-up window when using a button that creates new notes.
2 Likes

In case you are still searching, i wrote a short post on that issue

3 Likes

Iā€™m using Buttons in my daily notes to:

• bring in a checklist of physio exercises Iā€™m having to do twice daily, which when pressed, notes the time I started the exercises
    • the template holding the physio exercises also has a ā€œFinishā€ button that gets replaced with the finishing time when pressed
  • run iOS Shortcuts that open various screens of various apps as part of my daily tasks:
    ```button
    name Start Streak
    type link
    action shortcuts://run-shortcut?name=Streak
    remove true
    ```
2 Likes

I tried adding a button into an Kanban card, but it doesnā€™t work. Is there a way to make this work?

Is the issue that codeblocks donā€™t work in Kanban cards?

2 Likes

I use inline buttons with Kanban boards. I think I had to edit the plugin at a certain point.

Iā€™m making notes on the fiction I consume and I need to track characters from different fiction. I figured out a way to automatically create special Buttons that add new entries to my Dataview tables using Quick Add.