With the release of Buttons 0.4.0, Buttons has gotten a super powerful upgrade.
This Topic is to share how you are using Buttons!
Let the great Buttoning commence!
Ok here’s something I didn’t realize could be done with the new Inline Buttons…
Buttons in Dataview
Hello! I have a suggestion, which I also documented just now on the Buttons Git page
- My tasks page has a nice button
name New Task
type note(New Note) template
action New Task
- which creates a New Note
- but this New Note has the same title as the next note I create by clicking this button. So it only functions once.
- I want to be able to name the new note each time I click the button.
- here is the template it uses, and I would like the Templater tp.file.title function to also operate.
# <% tp.file.title %>
Date Created:: <% tp.date.now("YYYY-MM-DD") %>
- I would like an option to “Name New Note” in a pop-up window when using a button that creates new notes.
In case you are still searching, i wrote a short post on that issue
I’m using Buttons in my daily notes to:
- bring in a checklist of physio exercises I’m having to do twice daily, which when pressed, notes the time I started the exercises
- the template holding the physio exercises also has a “Finish” button that gets replaced with the finishing time when pressed
- run iOS Shortcuts that open various screens of various apps as part of my daily tasks:
name Start Streak
I tried adding a button into an Kanban card, but it doesn’t work. Is there a way to make this work?
Is the issue that codeblocks don’t work in Kanban cards?
I use inline buttons with Kanban boards. I think I had to edit the plugin at a certain point.