Button to jump to head and jump to the bottom of a page

Hello!
I think it will be good to have some button to jump to the top of a file, and jump to the bottom.
For the moment, no key on my keyboard do that in one time; and I don’t want add templater to add this to all my file, because… Well, I need to found the link first so it’s not very powerful.

For me the button can be on the left panel, or float in the bottom right.
Additionally, adding hotkey can be good.

I have long file I need to review so this can really help me with my work flow :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End don’t work on your keyboard?

4 Likes

For what it’s worth, “fn+Cmd+Left arrow” and “fn+Cmd+Right arrow” work for me in edit mode on MacOS Big Sur.

2 Likes

I agree that there is no need for this for the desktop app, but “yes” for the mobile app.

3 Likes

You actually can do this on mobile! If you go to settings and then mobile, 2 of the quick actions you can choose are “Go to first line” and “Go to last line”

3 Likes

Oh yeah, excellent idea!

1 Like

best way to do that is to use a hotkey and bind Ctrl+End/Home to it. it is hard to press so an new keybinding is going to be a huge improvement

2 Likes

I didn’t want to to give up the default access to the command palette via the pulldown gesture. Instead, I used the Customizable Page Header and Title Bar plugin to add buttons to go to the top and bottom of the page next to the edit/reading toggle button.

I’ve really missed being able to go to the top of a page via the standard iOS double-tap at the top of the screen in native apps, but this is a nice workaround that should also work on Android devices.

1 Like

I know that ctrl+end it is global shortcut to jump to the end of the file. Is it cool? Yeah. But it will be brilliant, if there is a local(obsidian) default shortcut ctrl+end version command as global.
Why?
Because many templates can improved a lot.
For example QuickAdd plugin just cant jump to the end of the file without Capture method. Sometimes I don’t need to capture, for example in big file after some work I want to insert in the end some predefined tag, or I want yo run some template in one go…