[Bug] Tracker Plugin YAML Errors on iPadOS

Platform

[x] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.0.5

I’m playing with the Tracker community plugin, and it’s great. I’m loving the ability to take some of the data I’ve been tracking in the frontmatter and visualizing it.

I’m seeing some issues, though. When I add a basic line chart, everything works across all platforms. When I try to add a custom parameter (like fillGap or yMin/yMax, I get an Error parsing YAML error in place of the chart.

Not sure if this is a bug in Obsidian or the Tracker plugin. My guess is Tracker, but the error is confusing, since nothing is changing in the YAML.

you need to post plugin problems in the plugin’s github repo.

I did. Just wondering if anyone else in the community was seeing the same issue. Nothing came up in search here on the forum.

I figured out the issue. Posting it here just in case anyone else runs across this post -

The Tracker plugin on Mac accepts nested YAML as tabs or spaces. The YAML parser on iOS will only accept a single space to nest a YAML attribute. Replacing all the tabs in the code block with single spaces fixed everything.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.