BUG: Stripes when exporting a canvas

Your environment

SYSTEM INFO:
	Obsidian version: v1.1.15
	Installer version: v1.1.9
	Operating system: #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Tue, 14 Feb 2023 22:08:08 +0000 6.1.12-arch1-1
	Login status: not logged in
	Insider build toggle: off
	Live preview: on
	Legacy editor: off
	Base theme: dark
	Community theme: none
	Snippets enabled: 0
	Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
	none

Sway (wayland) Arch Linux

$ paru -Ss obsidian
community/obsidian 1.1.9-3 [0B 17.74MiB] [Installed]
    A powerful knowledge base that works on top of a local folder of plain text
    Markdown files

Describe the bug

When I export a canvas as image (Full Canvas mode) I get an image, but with vertical transparent stripes from top to bottom. I tried a different monitor and half the image is transparent. My suspicion is this: While exporting there is (what is supposed to be a popup) window that appears next to the main obsidian window. It does not float because I use a tiling window manager. In the case of a separate monitor the Obsidian window was the only one on that workspace (excluding the tiled popup) so that is probably why I got 1 stripe and not 2 or more.

So are you actually screenshotting a window to export the canvas?

To Reproduce

1. Create a large canvas with many nodes. I guess it only needs to be large in one direction.
  2. Use a tiling window manager (Manjaro has i3 community edition ISO, so you can virtualbox that)

Expected behavior

An image with the entire content of the canvas, no transparent stripes!

Screenshots

(This is one image)

1. we don’t support the arch package because we don’t make it. Only appimage and snap reports are considered

2. yes, we do a form of screenshotting and if the problem is the tiling wm, we are not gonna fix it. Sorry!

we don’t support the arch package

The source is unlikely to create bugs like that.

yes, we do a form of screenshotting

I’ll just say that its weird, but ok… You do you and I’ll try adding a rule to my config.
Feels hacky to me anyway.

Solution: Make the obsidian window float before clicking export.