[ x] iOS
[ ] Android
Obsidian Mobile version: v1.3.1 (67)
I apologize if this is not the right place or tag as I am not quite sure which category this belongs. I ran into an issue today where content for a new note was not being recognized by my Mac (running v0.15.09), even though the md file had the correct last modified time stamp. It appears that the file was being written to on the iOS device but nothing was actually being saved. I was only able to resolve this by restarting the iOS device (iPad). Any thoughts on how I can avoid this in the future? Here’s the timeline of events and steps to resolve the issue:
(Vault is located in iCloud Drive)
- Created note on iOS device (outside of network) and added content.
- Opened note on Mac but the note was blank.
- Restarted the app on Mac → no difference
- Validated content was still in note on the iPad → Force quit iPad app → no difference
- Last modified time stamp on md file on both the iPad and Mac are correct
- Opened md file with two other applications and validated that it was blank
- Restarted iPad → Content is now in md file and Mac app
Has anyone run into this kind of issue before? I could edit the document on my iPad but it wasn’t until I fully shutdown my iPad that it actually wrote to the md file. I just want to make sure I didn’t do something wrong. I haven’t had any issues with syncing since the mobile apps came out.