[Bug] For Android, the startup is extremely slow, and it takes more than 5 minutes

Platform

[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.0.19

For Android, when the vault contains more than 10,000 notes, the startup is extremely slow, and it takes more than 5 minutes. In addition, the index cannot be completed, and it has been stuck on this interface for half a month.

1 Like

What phone do you have? And do you have any community plugins activated?

Large vaults take longer to index, and potentially runs the device out of memory - there is unfortunately not much we can do here. Especially given that it’s unclear whether you’re using any community plugins.

I’d suggest synchronizing a subset of your notes to use on mobile (perhaps a subfolder) to reduce the amount of processing required.

Do you mean the phone model? It’s Huawei P30, I think the phone performance is sufficient. In addition, I have closed all plugins.

All plug-ins are always turned off. Will this problem be improved later?

There isn’t much that we can do here. Maybe your vault contains many large markdown files, or maybe it’s just too much for the app to handle on a phone. In either case, since there hasn’t been widespread performance issues, I don’t know what can be improved.

Again, I’d suggest syncing only a subset of your vault to use on mobile.

If you do find out that any specific file is tripping up this issue, do let us know and we can take a look.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.