[Bug] Find dialog: Close button not visible in portrait on narrow phones

Platform

[?] iOS
Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.4.3

Reproduction:

• Open a note
  • 3-dot-menu > Find…
  • On a phone in portrait mode only “Prev” and “Next” are visible, “All” and especially “x” to close the search field are NOT visible.

This is very annoying because you have to switch the screen from portrait to landscape mode to be able to close the search field (or am I missing something?).

works for me with default theme

Looks OK on iOS. Default theme, restricted mode.

Thanks! On my phone (Pixel 4a) the close button is not visible on a freshly installed Obsidian with new vault, everything including settings on default. The close button can be made visisble by reducing the font size setting.

Solution idea: Is it possible to make the size of the Find-dialog indepenent of the font size setting, rather small, to make the close button visisble on all phones?

On iOS it will probably also depend on the size of the phone.

Can you post a screenshot?

Thanks for looking into this. :slight_smile:

On my iPhone, the ‘All’ and ‘X’ options also disappear off the right of the screen if the font size is increased. Reset to default, all is fab.

Same. In portrait orientation, up to 17px seems fine, but with 18px and up I see the issue. In landscape, 30px is still OK. :sob:

1 Like

ok, thanks

Same issue here

Screen width 360 pixels.
Could it be fixed?

Just to add onto this, on my Unihertz Jelly 2 (extremely tiny 3" phone, 480x854 screen) I have no buttons at all next to the find bar:

In landscape mode the buttons are there.

I’d be curious to know, if my theme Dune is able to solve your problem, are you interested to test this for me, please?

You can find more documentation here

While we wait for this to be fixed, here is a CSS snippet that fixes it for me:

input.document-search-input, input.document-replace-input {
	min-width:2em;
}

Basically it’s just allowing the “find” and “replace” text boxes to shrink much smaller than they currently do.

1 Like

is this fixed in v1.5.8?

On my phone yes. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

On my small phone it still doesn’t work:

If you look very closely, there’s like 1-2 pixels of the button which I don’t recall having previously:

The CSS snippet from @jeff93063 works.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.