[Bug] Crash During Sync

Platform

[ ] iOS
[X] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.1.0
Device: Phone - Moto E4
Android Version: 7.1.1

A few days ago the Obsidian Android mobile app began crashing almost immediately after being opened. Sometimes it would take a little longer (~90 seconds). I noticed that its crashing seemed to coincide with internet activity on the phone I was using. I disabled mobile data & wi-fi. After doing this it no longer crashed. Upon enabling either mobile data or wi-fi again, Obsidian would resume crashing within a short amount of time.

I’ve been using the mobile app for several months. I didn’t use it too frequently until about 2 months ago. At that point I began to use it a couple times per day, nearly every day. I also started using the official Obsidian Sync service at that time.

Only official core plugins & the default theme were/are being used.

As a last resort attempt to get it working before filing this bug report I uninstalled the app, deleted my vault on my phone & rebooted it. Upon rebooting I reinstalled the Obsidian mobile app.

With this fresh install it worked perfectly until pressing “Resume” in the Sync plugin. After which it immediately crashed. It had no problem displaying the list to choose which remote vault to connect to.

I don’t use anything that may resemble an illegal character for filenames or folders.

The only characters being used are:

1. a-z
  2. A-Z
  3. 0-9
  4. _ - ~ &

I believe I only have one file/folder that contains the ~ character & I’ve had it since the very beginning.

Screenshots:

Dear all any news about that?
I’m experiencing the same.
I can share my environment:

• Obsidian sync paid;
  • Android 7 on Samsung S6;
  • Obsidian app: version 1.1.0.

Hi, I have a mobile app issue. The app is crashing everytime I sync from OB SYNC a new file or update the file. It behaves like app is working when I have synced vaults on PC and mobile. Once I update 2 files on PC, run the mobile app, it crashes (but downloads / sync one file). I start it again and it crashes again (syncing the second file). I start it again and then it works… Sync from mobile to PC is OK. Any idea?
Android 7.0 BTW… I also tried to connect the phone to Android studio:

022-02-28 10:10:08.821 14462-14501/? E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: CapacitorPlugins
    Process: md.obsidian, PID: 14462
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at com.getcapacitor.Bridge.lambda$callPluginMethod$0$Bridge(Bridge.java:593)
        at com.getcapacitor.-$$Lambda$Bridge$25SFHybyAQk7zS27hTVXh2p8tmw.run(lambda)
        at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:761)
        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:98)
        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:156)
        at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:61)
     Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        at com.getcapacitor.PluginHandle.invoke(PluginHandle.java:121)
        at com.getcapacitor.Bridge.lambda$callPluginMethod$0$Bridge(Bridge.java:584)
     Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Stat failed
        at com.capacitorjs.plugins.filesystem.FilesystemPlugin.nativeUtimes(Native Method)
        at com.capacitorjs.plugins.filesystem.FilesystemPlugin.setTimes(FilesystemPlugin.java:455)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) 
        at com.getcapacitor.PluginHandle.invoke(PluginHandle.java:121) 
        at com.getcapacitor.Bridge.lambda$callPluginMethod$0$Bridge(Bridge.java:584) 

does it happen in safe mode"?

This will be fixed in 1.1.1

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.