[Bug] certain fonts break default behavior

[X] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v1.2.1

With Avenir font, there is weird behavior when I try to bring the cursor to the end of a line.
I’ve recorded a screen share to demonstrate.
It happened in the past when I had avenir font activated via CSS, and again now with Avenir activated in Obsidian custom font settings.

EDIT:
Unfortunately I clicked „solution“ before writing my comment, hence my comment here as edit:
Hi @anon12638239 , you‘re a genius! Actually Avenir Book didn‘t fix it, but I‘ve added Avenir Next instead, and with that it works just fine :slight_smile:
For whoever might want to use this solution: There‘s no need to manually add any font in an Obsidian folder. Simply go to the font chooser in the Obsidian settings, and type Avenir Next. I needed to add a space after Next, in order to be able to add the font.

1 Like

There’s no default ‘regular’ font in Avenir, so iOS might not be reading the font information correctly.

Have you tried adding Avenir Book instead? That’s the name for the regular version of Avenir and it might help with the issue you are seeing. When you add the font, it might not appear in Obsidian’s drop-down list of fonts, but you should be able to type it in and then confirm the selection by pressing enter (and then ‘Done’).

Worth trying?

Angel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.