[Bug] Cannot add files to vault in iCloud Drive

Platform

[X] iOS
[ ] Android

Obsidian Mobile version: v0.1.1

Hi, as of this morning after updating to v0.1.1 in TestFlight, my Shortcut on my iPad that I have to add images to a directory in my Obsidian vault no longer works. The save button is grayed out. It continues to do this even after an iPad restart.

It does it for any directory under Obsidian. Other non-app directories, I’m able to add the image to without any issue.

The shortcut isn’t anything special. Even if I try the normal built in “Save to Files” it’s unable to save to the Obisidan directory.

Here’s the shortcut:

Any ideas what’s going on? Is it something new that was introduced in v0.1.1? It was working last night before it updated.

I’ve updated back to v0.1.0 in TestFlight, and it’s still this way. I’m googling around to find reasons what’s going on, but coming up empty.

Same here. It used to work even though the save to Obsidian folder function on mac was unavailable.

1 Like

This is due to a change in the configuration, and I will push a fix for the next release, sorry about that!

(For a more technical analysis: Apple have 0 docs on how the configuration affects what you cannot save/drag into iCloud, so we’ve ran into a lot of issues testing the configuration with different ways to attempt to instruct iCloud that yes, our folder should be able to store anything)

1 Like

I’ve got this problem as well. I can’t write to the folder on either iOS or my Mac.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.