Borderless Tables (Note Grid Organization)

Hello Everyone!

Searching for a way to have borderless tables which would allow me to create various note designs (I create templates and use those).

I managed to achieve this by modifying the --background-modifier-border: parameter in the obsidian.css setting it to the same color as the background of the note in preview mode which essential gives a borderless table! Coupling this with the html table syntax to specify width i can obtain a satisfying tool to visually organize a specific note.

This however - obviously - leaves me with no tables :frowning:!!

Question #1:
is there a way to specify the the style css for a specific portion of a note?

Question #2:
Is there a way to do the same thing using only html syntax? (I tried to do this however to no avail, when I was able to modify the outer border but removing it simply turned it back to the default table border).
Also tried using <\div> but failure :frowning:

Thanks for any help / insight!!!

PS: I have limited experience in this field, as such I apologize if the answers are obvious.

Found a Solution to divide the note in sections from another post which I seem to have missed.

Applying / modifying the same code can replace the utility of a borderless table.

However, I would still be interested in whether it is possible to apply specific css to only a portion of a note (it would come in handy :face_with_hand_over_mouth: )

Thanks!!

Well … the solution was awfully obvious :frowning: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This works fine, just need to organize the blocks into spans / paragraphs and specify whatever is desired for that area.

1 Like