Boox tablet Android keyboard not working

Same issue here, BOOX Note Air 3c. 0nly happens in Obsidian.

Another workaround of sorts is to use an external Bluetooth keyboard. I am using a Logitech K480.

Also, I notice that the Google Play Store says that version 1.5.12 (March 30, 2024) “Fixed typing issues for some keyboards and voice input.” Perhaps those fixes broke something.

1 Like

I have been running Obsidian just fine on my Boox Tab Ultra C Pro on build 2024-03-27_12-55_3.5.1_bc68f4065 until today when I updated obsidian to 1.5.12 and I am now experiencing the same issue described/shown in this thread. The fixes suggested (floating keyboard and physical) both work.

2 Likes

I have the same problem with Onix Boox Note 3. All other apps work flawlessly with any keyboard, only Obsidian present this annoying problem. Hopefully someone will come with a better solution; Obisdian is my most used app, without it my tablet is basically useless. :frowning:

Same problem here with a Boox Note Air 3c. The small floating keyboard is really anoying to work with. If someone need a beta tester, please contact me.

1 Like

I just received my Boox Note 3 and I’m having the same issue with Obsidian

2 Likes

I was hoping this issue would be solved with obsidian 1.6.3
It is not, unfortunately.

I use the floating keyboard, which is horrible and small.

1 Like

Hi everyone, I was also really annoyed by this bug. So I asked the support (through feedback app) to be enrolled in the beta program. I got the upgrade few hours later, and this bug is solved on it :grin:

1 Like

Are you talking about Obsidian’s beta program or Boox’s beta program ?