Bookmarks not working on ios

Once you’ve done the above, delete everything above this line.

Steps to reproduce

Open obsidian app on ios. Open bookmarks

Expected result

The same list of bookmarks and bookmark groups on the desktop vault this is synced to (using obsidian sync)

Actual result

Different list from desktop and randomly changes, sometimes many untitled bookmark groups appear and then disappear. Creating new groups results in an untitled field that I can’t enter text into. Sometimes can add a bookmark but it doesnt appear on the bookmarks list (but the file itself has the bookmark icon and I can “remove” it). At one point was seeing some bookmarks overlayed on others.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Operating system: ios 16.4.1 (Apple iPhone)
Obsidian version: 1.4.4 (99)
API version: v1.2.7
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

Tried deleting the bookmarks json on desktop and starting from scratch. Problem persists. Does not seem to happen in entirely new vault i created on thenphone.

Post a screen recording of this happening.

Is it broken in the phone or is it broken in all devices?

One thing to check: make sure you have this setting on. It needs to be enabled on both devices to sync the bookmarks file.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking into this! It is only on the phone it is broken. In terms of screen recording I have an mp4 of it happening but this forum won’t accept it as an upload- whats the preferred way to share this?

Yep thanks! I didn’t have that setting in the desktop vault. However when I set it that way problem persists on phone. (Phone did have that setting)

now you are gonna need to let it sync and restart obsidian in both phone and desktop.

I am gonna move this to help as I think it’s morel likely you messed something up with sync at this point.

Ok - thanks and apologies for the error. Was a sync issue alright and not a bug. Reinstalled the app and resynced and it is working fine now. Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.