Steps to reproduce

1. Open Add bookmark modal
  2. Press tab to navigate to bookmark group selection field
  3. Press enter to open menu
  4. Observe menu not opening

Did you follow the troubleshooting guide? [Y/N]

Yes

Expected result

Pressing Enter on keyboard while bookmark selection field is focused would open the dropdown menu.

Actual result

Bookmark group selection menu does not open.

Environment

SYSTEM INFO:
Obsidian version: v1.4.13
Installer version: v1.4.5
Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 22.6.0: Wed Jul 5 22:21:56 PDT 2023; root:xnu-8796.141.3~6/RELEASE_X86_64 22.6.0
Login status: logged in
Catalyst license: insider
Insider build toggle: on
Live preview: on
Legacy editor: off
Base theme: light
Community theme: none
Snippets enabled: 0
Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Allow bookmark group selection field to be opened via clicking Enter on keyboard.

works for me. Can you post a screen recording in the sandbox vault?

On MacOS, Enter doesn’t work for me either. But spacebar does. So does up or down arrow.

Maybe it’s an OS related difference? Is enter supposed to work on mac?

I am not sure exactly. I know MacOS is a bit weird with popups and keyboard controls.

If I do a test popup dialog, hitting tab to highlight “Cancel”, and hitting enter returns “OK”. Hitting spacebar correctly returns the highlighted button. So I think Enter and Escape emit predetermined signals, rather than interacting with the highlighted buttons.

I have no idea if that clue suggests anything related to the Obsidian UI. But I think Enter isn’t exactly expected to interact with a highlighted UI element.

osascript -e 'tell app "Finder" to display dialog "Hello World"' 

The expected ways to open a select element on macOS would be either space or ArrowDown. I don’t think it’s expected for Enter to open the dropdown.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.