Blocked attempt to create a WebMediaPlayer as there are too many WebMediaPlayers already in existence

This problem has been bothering me for a long time. At first, I thought it might be a plugin problem. However, after repeated verification, I found that it can be reproduced with all plugins turned off and the default theme used, so I’m sure it’s Obsidian’s bug.

Steps to reproduce

Open a file that has a lot of audio.
Open another file that also has a lot of audio.
Quick scrolling in this file.

Expected result

All audio files are displayed correctly.

Actual result

Some audio files do not display correctly. The following error was received on the console.

[Intervention] Blocked attempt to create a WebMediaPlayer as there are too many WebMediaPlayers already in existence. See crbug.com/1144736#c27

Environment

• Operating system: MacOS 12.5
  • Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Obsidian version: v0.15.9
    Installer version: v0.15.8
    Operating system: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Sat Jun 18 17:07:22 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.140.41~1/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000 21.6.0
    Login status: not logged in
    Insider build toggle: off
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: none
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: on

RECOMMENDATIONS:
none

Additional information

屏幕录制2022-08-10 16.05.58

well, you found the answer yourself.

crbug.com/1144736#c27

Yes, I read the information mentioned on the console’s link, and I also read some discussions on the internet. I found that the Chrome Team had fixed that problem by increasing the limit on the number of audio and video tags to 1000 rather than 45 after the Chrome version 92.0.4515.131. I checked the version in the Obsidian, and it shows Chrome/100.0.4896.160. So it’s strange that the problem remains.

Normally, I have no more than 50 audio files in my MD file, so it should be far from the 1000 limit.

We haven’t manually changed any settings coming from chrome/electron about this.

I haven’t seen the 1000 number as being implemented in that bug report. Other bug reports talks about manually increasing the number with command link switch.

The problem is discussed here comment #71. It’s in another bug report.

They have modified the kDefaultMaxWebMediaPlayers to 1000 at line 130 in here [modify] media_factory.cc.

I understand but we have not touched any of this.

How many audio files are you trying to load?

Let me double check.

No more than 50 I guess. I am learning English, so sometimes I have a good number of audio fragments in my Markdown file.

Well, the problem is not a big deal. I can restart the Obsidian to work around that. But it would be really helpful if the problem can be fixed.

I am noticing something odd too. There is an accumulation effect before the problem happens. We’ll look into it

this will be improved in 0.16. However a full solution depends from the upstream problem resolution.

Thank you for the great Software.