Black screen on iphone

First, search the help docs and this forum. Maybe your question has been answered! The debugging steps can help, too. Still stuck? Delete this line and proceed.

What I’m trying to do

Things I have tried

Upgraded to ios 16.6 on an iphone 14 pro and Obsidian loads to a black screen.

Deleted and reinstalled Obsidian, nothing, rebooted and repeated. same results.

Have you tried rebooting the phone since this started happening?

Not the op but they do say

rebooted and repeated. same results.

So I’m not sure if that means force closed obsidian or rebooted their device but based off what I know about people, I would hazard to guess that they did reboot their device.

Just trying to help. :slight_smile:

Wow, not sure how I missed that. :see_no_evil:

Black screens happen when Obsidian is unable to load, the issue may be:

• themes
  • plugins
  • Obsidians preferences
  • issues with your operating system

Zip or move your vault to another location so that Obsidian is forced to create a new vault. The location where you store your vault must be empty. If this works, don’t add any 3rd party plugins to the mix

Otherwise, go to your phone’s preferences and search for Obsidian, then delete its catches and preferences if possible.

If this doesn’t do anything, search for “reset iOs” in your browser to inform yourself how to clean phone preferences. I don’t have a iPhone but every device has some sort of save mode where you may be able to repair your phone to restore default preferences.

Attention

i don’t say reset to “default factory settings” because this would delete your phone data!

But in this save mode you should be able to repair phone preferences and what else. Finally, have a try and good luck!

1 Like

I ran into the same problem two weeks ago and tried to figure it out. The solution is to sign off your Apple ID and sign back in again.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.