Big Sur icon

Jonathan, I love that! Is it available for download somewhere?

1 Like

I made a folder icon with an Obsidian print on it. I do not think that it’s work it’s own thread, but I guess people looking for Obsidian Big Sur Icons might be interested.

I personally use it as icon for my vault folder.

Download as .icns

3 Likes

I got this one from reddit CleanShot 2021-07-28 at 16.00.26@2x

Renaming to .icns didn’t work out for me (MacOS 11.6), for some reason. Here’s what I did instead.

❯ tail -n 5 Justfile

png-to-icon filename:
	# https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44506713/using-sips-to-create-an-icns-file-from-a-png-file
	sips -z 512 512 "{{filename}}" --out "{{filename}}-512x512.png"
	sips -s format icns "{{filename}}-512x512.png" --out "{{filename}}-512x512.icns"

Converts to a 512x512 png before converting to icns. Sharing in case someone else finds this necessary. :wave:

Hi @macedotavares,
could I use the icon for an Obsidian related project?
I am building an extension for another app which will connect it with Obsidian and I need an icon for it.
Of course I would credit you.

Sure, I’m glad you liked it.

And don’t forget to tell us all about that project when it’s ready :grinning:

Cheers!

1 Like

Thank you, yes your icons look awesome, great work!
And sure, will let you know when it is ready.

My extension is now available, you can find it in the https://www.raycast.com extension store.
Here it is: marcjulian/obsidian - Raycast Store, featuring your Big Sur icon.
You can use this extension to search, view, open, copy, paste and edit Obsidian notes right from the Raycast Search.

This is so cool!

I’m a heavy Alfred user, and I’ve made a similar workflow for it. I’m now working on version 3 of my Obsidian Utilities.

I was excited when I first heard of Raycast a couple of months ago, but I simply didn’t take the time so see if it could replace Alfred for me.

Will give it another try.

Cheers!

1 Like

Here is a link to download this icon: iCloud.

Although I’ve now become quite font of Gavin Nelson’s Obsidian icon v2: Obsidian Icon

Thanks for your excellent work. I love the light one.

Hello @marcjulian ! I’m trying to get your search extension to work in Raycast but I’m having a hard time on the mac. I keep getting the following error even though I’ve put the correct path in. Any ideas?

“The path set in preferences does not exist”

Hey my guy, any chance you could re-up that .icns? I would love to have it.

Hi @hstagner could you please send me the path/paths you entered?
You can send me a private message here.