Bible Study in Obsidian Kit (including the Bible in Markdown)

Thanks Sam.

Have you solved this yet? Iā€™m having the same problem.

Iā€™m having the same problem too. Did you find a way to fix this?

Thank you for awesome plugin and all peoples who are involved.

Quick question does anyone have some suggestions how to work with multiple Bible translations?

Does anyone uses multiple Bible versions?

If you used how would you do it?

Is it even possible and reasonable?

Thank you all in advance.

Kingdom blessing :pray:t2:

![Image](https://biblia.com/verseoftheday/image/{{date:YYYY-MM-DD}})

The above code works for me!

I have been trying to get the scripts working but I keep getting this error:

bg2md.rb:1:in `<main>': undefined local variable or method `book' for main:Object (NameError)

Any ideas on what it could be? (macOS)

The copy command of the Bible linker plugin now supports multiple translations. Read the README for more information.

1 Like

I have a problem with the Bible Linker.

My verses are formated like this one:

##### 1
Text [[#Link to verse note]]

Without the [[#Link to verse note]] it works just fine, but as soon as I add an internal link for the same page, it doesnā€™t work anymore.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Iā€™ve tried to reproduce the problem with the copy command, but it works just fine for me. What command are you using? And what exactly is the problem, It does not copy the verse?

I will need more information to help you.

This is my bible text (Gen 1,1-2):

# 1. Mose 1

###### 1
Im Anfang schuf Gott die Himmel und die Erde. [[#Notes]]

###### 2
Die Erde aber war wĆ¼st und leer, und es lag Finsternis auf der Tiefe; und der Geist Gottes schwebte Ć¼ber den Wassern.  

### Notes

When I try to copy the Vers 2, I get following result (this is what i try to get!):
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-03 um 19.10.20

[[1Mo 1#2|1Mo 1,2]] Die Erde aber war wĆ¼st und leer, und es lag Finsternis auf der Tiefe; und der Geist Gottes schwebte Ć¼ber den Wassern.   

But when I try to copy the Vers 1, I get following result:
Bildschirmfoto 2022-10-03 um 19.11.01

[[1Mo 1#1|1Mo 1,1]]  

I tried this with a blanc vault with only two notes and only the Bible Linker Plugin, but it still doesnā€™t work.

If you are referring to a system/ framework I am trying to develop for my second brain, then I am still currently busy developing it :sweat_smile:.

What I am currently doing, however, is implementing the LYT Kit for my second brain, as Nick Milo (the creator) seems to have a similar/ preferable thinking framework that works very well for meā€¦ so Iā€™d highly recommend it if you are interested.

God bless you, friend.

I donā€™t know if anyone else has done this, but Iā€™m currently working on splitting the Bible into individual verses. I want to use it in iA Writer as well as Obsidian, so block references are out. KJV only at this stage. Will release it into the wild when Iā€™m done.

It should now be fixed (version 1.4.2), but I think that your local links will not work in other files, so I donā€™t really understand this workflow :grin:

Very nice, now it works, thank you!

As explanation. When I cite some verses (e.g. in a seperat note) i do it in that way (with the Bible Linker):

When I work on my notes, I make a link from the end of the verse to my verse notes (like in a Study Bible). [[#^1|Ā°]] this renders as Ā°, so that it doesnā€™t take much space at the end of the verse.
The verse note (heading as callout) itself is a link that takes me back to my verse. It contains also the information ^1 so that the link [[#^1|Ā°]] can find the destination.
When I cite the verse in another file , I dont need the Ā° link (upper image) but it does not bother me also.

I hope that is clear enough.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a KJV version available here:
https://faithbasedproductivity.com/cross-reference-library-obsidian/

(link to download: KJV)

Wonderfulā€”thank you! That will save me a HEAP of time. Now I can just whizz through and get the formatting and navigation all pretty, and Iā€™ll be set.

1 Like

hello, I would like some help, it would be very useful for me to have the cross-references between the biblical texts in my obsidian, I have the references in a tableā€¦ do you know a way to automate adding them to the lines of the verses?

Hi, do you mean something like this?

E.g. youā€™ve linked to a certain Bible verse in the file ā€œEinsamkeit.mdā€:
file-where-verse-is-referenced

In the file with the original bible text, you want to see this link next to the verse (here in dark grey):

Thatā€™s at least what I wanted and implemented for my specific vault via a (non-public) plugin. It only works in preview mode though, and it increases loading time of the bible text files.

Cheers,
Sam

Slightly off topic, but for what itā€™s worth, Iā€™ve been enjoying this playlist analyzing The Bible.

The Psychological Significance of the Biblical Stories

I get hundreds of ā€œNo such file or directoryā€“bg2md.rb (LoadError)ā€ running the ruby script. and my bible book s are empty of everything but the title