Steps to reproduce
- Create a new Vault
- Create a note in the new vault
- Close the vault
- Drop the attached file in the folder
- Open the vault
Obsidian reads the file and indexes the content imediately, as is a small file in an empty vault.
- Obsidian shows “indexing your vault” message at startup
- Is not possible to rename any existing note for minutes
- Is not possible to change the name of any new note from “Untitled” for minutes
- Operating system: MacOS BigSur
- Obsidian version: 0.12.10
- I couldn’t found a way to check on the status indexing process
- I have a folder with many files like this, also code snippets and proper markdown files, and coming from nvAlt the expectation was that Obsidian just ignore the not properly formatted markdown files. In my folder with 1500 mixed style .md files, Obsidian has not completed the indexing after 8 hours, and I can’t create any note not called “Untitled”.
- I was able to reproduce the problem in lesser scale with just one file (attached).
antiga olt 5 terranova.md.zip (10.5 KB)