Beginner Question About Names as Links and Note Structuring

Things I have tried

I’ve searched around looking at beginner guides, note structuring, links and backlinks and I’m still a bit confused how to use them for what I am trying to do.

What I’m trying to do

I am trying to use Obsidian to take notes for my programming work. I would like to have one note for each task that I’m working on. Then, each time I mention a filename or function name in the note, I’d like to have that be a link or something of the sort. I don’t plan to have it split out and have a separate note for each file that I work on. But when I mention a filename in a task, I would like to have it easily show me any other places I’ve mentioned that same filename in the past.

What would be the best way to do something like this? I’ve watched quite a few videos and guides at this point but still feel like I don’t really have a good idea on how to make it work how I would like it to.

Any specific advice or even just like, a pointer to a good intro that covers this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.