Bases: Optionally include all or part of Note Content

Use case or problem

When I create a Base, sometimes I would like to include all or a portion of the note’s contents in addition to Properties. Generally, the only current data that can be included in a column (or Card field) is Properties.

Proposed solution

When defining a Base using the UI, in addition to the current Property selector, add a UI element to optionally include all or part of the Note’s contents as a column in a Table or as a field on a Card. The new UI element would allow you to select either “Words” or "Characters, and a field to enter the number of characters or words, depending on the choice from the previous selection.

Current workaround (optional)

I have none. Presumably, solutions exist using the DataviewJS community plugin, but these are outside the Bases core plugin.

Related feature requests (optional)

not applicable

Duplicate of Bases: Access (and/or Filter using) the Note Content