Filters are great in a bases table but sometimes you just want something quick to isolate particular rows in a table. I’m thinking of a filter input box at the head of each column.
Mod-Edit
It is currently possible to filter across all the text view with Ctrl/Cmd-F
I’d like to right click a property in a base as quickly filter by the exact property
Proposed solution
right click the property I’ll choose and like I can group by this property I want to filter, and then it’ll be easier to create filtering (right now is a little difficult to make “X with Y OR Z without containgins G”, however right click filtering will be easier for non-technical users.
Hi everyone! Сompletely agree and want to upvote this feature request.
Coming from Notion, having Multi-select quick filters (or Filter views) directly visible at the top of the database table is one of the most essential UX patterns for daily workflow. It allows you to instantly toggle rows by properties (like tags, status, or projects) with a single click, without having to dive deep into the advanced layout/view filter settings every single time.
In Notion, these “quick filter pills” act as temporary views. Implementing this in Obsidian Bases would be a massive quality-of-life improvement for everyone managing tasks, projects, etc.
I’ve attached a screenshot to show exactly how it looks and works in action.