Banners plugin Update / Take over

Hi everyone!

Regarding the banners plugin (GitHub - noatpad/obsidian-banners: An Obsidian plugin that adds banners to your notes) it’s been a while since the last update (20 April 2022).

The person who made this plugin did an amazing job, it’s one of those things that really makes me enjoy opening a note and having a banner with some image that makes my notes look way better.

There have been many conversations regarding this plugin mentioning some bugs and how this plugin needs an update, but let’s be honest, the developer did an amazing job and maybe he just dont have the time to do it now, so maybe it’s time for someone else to take the lead on this plugin?

With many plugins coming out I’m surprised how nobody picked this one and tried to solve some of the most common reported problems. I have made a few css tweaks myself to this plugin to try to make it work as I would like, and I can share the css here to anyone, but I think if someone would take the lead on this would be really appreciated by the community.

I see there are a few forks of it in github but nothing was released.

Anyone up to it?

Till that happens, wish you all the best and thank you to all devs for giving us such amazing features to Obsidian for free.

1 Like

Hi, I have some questions for you:

1. I have too some snippets to make the plugin work, but if opened on external window everything’s bugged. Does that happen to you too?
  2. What theme are you using?
  3. Are you using Dashboard++ in order to get multi-columns? If yes, how do you hide the "- " in order to spawn a new column?