Use case or problem
When I am editing a bulleted list, I often cut and paste an individual row to move it around (cutting a line like:
- Last met on Tuesday).
When I create hit enter somewhere in the list to insert this new row Obsidian helpfully automatically inserts the next bulleted list entry for me (
- ). If I then hit paste I end up with duplicated bulleted entries (
- - Last met on Tuesday).
When pasting in a bulleted list if:
- the start of the paste exactly matches the current line, AND
- the current line was created by an automatic insertion
Then de-duplicate the matching portion.
Ensure that this works for all kinds of list auto-inserts (
- [ ], etc).
Current workaround (optional)
Manually delete the duplicated text after pasting.
So, after pasting the text
- [ ] do chores, and ending up with the text
- [ ] - [ ] do chores, I manually delete one of the
- [ ] to end up with the text I pasted.