Automatic publish

Use case or problem

I publish everything in my vault, waste a lot of time cmd+shift+p and click
I want to publish everything (removed, updated, deleted…)

Proposed solution

Publish everything regularly

Current workaround (optional)

N/A - Human computation

2 Likes

I wanted to +1 on this.

It feels like if a user has both Obsidian Publish and Obsidian Sync, that the site should be considered as a remote, and Obsidian Publish ought to automatically sync!

1 Like

Also, it takes ~1 minute to load the publishing modal personally… so slow… Maybe because I have a 6 GB vault?

+1, would be great to have an asynchronous way to push Publish, especially if I’m on mobile. Even on a per-file basis, configurable through FM (similar to publish: true) would be awesome.

I actually have automated jobs that auto-generate a lot of my Obsidian notes. Would love to be able to fully automate this. It’s like Obsidian Publish’s version of the ‘last-mile’ problem :stuck_out_tongue:.

if you use templater:

<%*
app.commands.executeCommandById('publish:view-changes','idk_what_to_put_here')
setTimeout(() => {  document.getElementsByClassName('mod-cta')[2].click();
	setTimeout(() => {  document.getElementsByClassName('mod-cta')[3].click();}, 2500); // if you have much to upload, you should propably increase the 2500 (2.5 sec). didn't really test.
}, 1000);
-%>

then just put a shortcut onto the template. (there’s plenty of tutorials online, 2sec of work) :slight_smile:

PS: you have to add the publish: true tag to every file that shall be published automatically.

---
publish: true
---

PPS: sometimes fails to delete automatically. But if someone actually needs that I can improve it another day. just lmk.