Automate Section Extraction by Tag?

Things I have tried

I’ve searched here and r/obsidianmd, as well as the documentation for the excellent
Note Refactor plugin without finding what I’m looking for.

What I’m trying to do

I switched from using VSCode and Markdown for note-taking to Obsidian a couple of months now and it really hits the spot. The daily note concept is perfect for me. I use it for a daily todo list as well as research, client meeting notes, and random thoughts, etc. I tag in each section of the daily note like: #Client1 #ProjectXYZ #TypeScript, etc. At the end of the day (or week), I would like to be able to quickly copy tagged sections into a new or existing document. For example: copy all the headers tagged with #ProjectXYZ into an existing file called ProjectXYZ-Worklog.md.

Has anyone found a way to achieve this? I’m open to using external automation tools to do this.

Thanks!

1 Like

There’s a plugin called Rollover Daily Todos that might be what you’re looking for. It seems targeted for daily rollovers, but you should be able to customize it for weekly rollovers instead.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.