Auto-suggest for tags stopped working after 1.6 upgrade

I am unsure of the cause of auto-suggest for tags not functioning. It was working prior to upgrading to 1.6, but I am uncertain as to whether the upgrade caused the issue. Prior to the upgrade when I typed a # and a letter tag options beginning with that letter would “pop up” as options to select. Any help would be appreciated.

What I’m trying to do

Have auto-suggest for tags function again

Things I have tried

I searched “tag autosuggest not working”

I tried in the Sandbox vault and in my main vault (Obsidian v1.6.0, installer v1.5.8); the tag suggestions are working fine.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 19.38.48

I’d try the troubleshooting steps to see if it’s a plugin or something else causing the issue.

At the risk of asking a dumb question, how did you test it? I see the screen shot. Did you type the hash tag into a blank note?

Specifically where I am having trouble is when I type a hashtag in an open note and then type the first letter of a known tag it doesn’t result in a dropdown of other tags which start with the same letter.

Any idea what could cause this?

Thank you for your help.

I’m not sure why, but the tag autosuggest simply started working again. Again I appreciate your efforts to assist me and for providing the troubleshooting link. Very helpful.

The pic was from the Sandbox vault and only had those three tags (apple and mango were added when testing something else), so typing # popped that up. Of course, in my main vault with many tags, I typed # and then a letter to sort the list.

In any event, glad it’s working again. Sometimes a simple restart shakes things loose. And yeah, the troubleshooting steps are great and my go-to if something is acting odd.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.