Auto referencing for text block after drag-and-drop

Hi, for referencing blocks, it would be very useful to add automatically the block reference when we drag and drop the text from one note to another.

Best regards

10 Likes

+1 for this feature request.

When there is a relatively large number of notes, and I try to organize and make an outline of the new article or new idea, it will be very convenient, if drag-drop-to-create-block-reference were supported.

The work-flow I used is that: search for the content within the Obsidian, then put the relevant contents into the outline, and then update and re-organize the outline.

Currently, I copy-paste the text directly, because it is faster than creating block reference, I don’t want extra operation to break my thought. But the drawback is the source of the text (location within Obsidian notes) in the outline is lost. When I needs to review the outline a few days later, I may have to redo the search again to locate the source of the text I pasted in the outline, in case I needs more context from the original notes.

If the drag-drop can create block reference, that’s will be something very productive.

1 Like