Auto number selection when creating a numbered list from the command palette

Use case or problem

Users often need to paste text into Obsidian that they would like to have as a numbered list (eg. copying a numbered list from another document which does not bring numbers across). It would be helpful to be able to auto number a selection of text when using the command palette to toggle “numbered list”

Proposed solution

It would be helpful to be able to auto number a selection of text when using the command palette to toggle “numbered list”

Current workaround

Type numbers in manually, or, create a new line after any numbered item (or sometimes you need to add a new indented bullet point). This triggers the numbers to be updated.

thanks

If we are in live preview or source mode, paste in lines of text, and then toggle numbered lists (OPT CMD L, in my case), all of the lines are given the numeral 1, which render in reading view as sequential numbers.

Personally, I like how this works now as I don’t want to see sequential numbers when I am writing, unless I need the list to start at a specific number.

If the system is changed to create sequential auto-numbering in live preview / source mode, can there be an option to toggle it off?

Angel

Will be implemented in 0.13.20. @anon12638239 you can open a FR for the toggle.

1 Like

Thanks.

Angel

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.