App lagging, failed to load

Loads forever the note somewhy calling it ‘no file’ and then showing error message
“Failed to load file “name of the note”. File system operation timed out.”
Basically it makes the program unusable. Works fine on my phone, though.
Also I wrote a note and it replaced it with ‘No file’ and deleted what was inside. Doesn’t open many of the files, even not empty ones.
I’ve seen this issua in other posts, but haven’t seen it being solved anywhere, so I will note it again. Plus some people said it is only on Mac, and my case proves it wrong, I’m on Windows.

Steps to reproduce

When I click on empty notes or even not empty notes.

Expected result

To note to open and to work

Actual result

Loads forever the note somewhy calling it ‘no file’ and then showing error message
“Failed to load file “name of the note”. File system operation timed out.”

Environment

• Operating system: Windows 10
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.15

Additional information

The FAQ of obsidian works in program pretty fine. My HDD is also working fine.
1 Like

Where are your files stored and how do you sync them?

On my hard drive, sync through OneDrive

I think the problem is onedrive. Make sure the files are fisically present in your harddrive and not links to files in the clould.

Do you have any problem if you copy the same vault in directory that is not managed by onedrive?

1 Like

Solved!
The issue indeed was OneDrive. I thought it was storing these files offline because I placed it in the folder on my HDD, but it has moved it to virtual space and then, when I clicked it to store it offline - my obsidian was using those files and Onedrive somehow couldn’t refresh it. I closed Obsidian, restarted OneDrive, it finished the sync and everything is working now. I hope it will continue this way, because sync around my devices is already pain in the ass enough, and I have OneDrive premium, I hope I wouldn’t need to switch to another cloud.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.