Apostrophes on iOs app create different notes than windows app

We strongly recommend you to search the forum with possible keywords before submitting a new bug report. Please also try your repro steps with third-party plugins and custom CSS disabled and see if it’s still reproducible. If it’s an issue with third-party plugins or themes, try contacting the author for help. Once you’ve done the above, delete this line.

Steps to reproduce

create note on windows and iOs app

Expected result

Because I had created the note on windows first I expected to be able to link a text that I had already typed on the iOs app to the same note.

Actual result

However, because the iOs apostrophe seems to be different it created a separate note

Environment

• Operating system:
  • Obsidian version: 0.12.19

Additional information

The iOS keyboard uses typographical single or double quotes by default, whereas Windows uses the straight ones (what you type on your keyboard are the non-typographical ones). That’s not an Obsidian bug.

You can either change that on iOS (I don’t know whether it’s possible), or install the smart typography plugin which will turn the standard quotes into the typographical ones.

1 Like

thanks. I checked out smart typography but it doesn’t convert single apostrophes.
But I did find the iOs setting to use simple apostrophes:

You can turn smart punctuation off in Settings , tap General . Then, tap Keyboards , and toggle Smart Punctuation to off

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/89706

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.