API for writing graph-related plugins

I would love the ability to write plugins that can manipulate the graph view in interesting ways like vertex-coloring, edge-coloring, and having weighted edges (assigning some weight to a link, which I know would require additional capability in the markdown grammar).

I’m posting this here for consideration about what capabilities are included the unreleased API, and to hear feedback, but please let me know if this is better suited for the Feature Request category.

13 Likes

I would hope to see an API for interacting with graph view as well. There’s a lot of request for filtering, segmenting, etc… of the graph. Many of these could be handled via plugins.

7 Likes

I would love to be able to build more of a mind map capability. i.e. building branches based on headings and indent levels.

I can create it in obsidian and then import it into xmind but its clunky and only works with parent, child connections.

1 Like

Same here, for example, would make it possible to display semantic links with GitHub - louis030195/obsidian-ava: Quickly format your notes with ChatGPT in Obsidian on the graph