API: allow for easy way to open an app from Obsidian via plugin's commands

Hello everyone, I’m making a plugin for integrating Syncthing in Obsidian (the main features). It aims to simplify the UX when using Syncthing with Obsidian, which is a great option for syncing files instantly. (Here is the link to my GH repo : Syncthing Integration for Obsidian )

However, to add more mobile support, I would like to be able to open the Syncthing app from within Obsidian, via a command or a button in the settings tab. I’ve been trying my best to make it happen, but it seems that the Obsidian API doesn’t have any functions or options to easily open an external app.
I also tried with URIs but the Syncthing Android app doesn’t have it, so made a PR on the project for that.

Therefore, if you have any idea or ways to make it happen, I’ll be happy to hear from you.
Thank you in advance for your help !

1 Like

I don’t have anything constructive to add, just an encouragement to continue on this great idea. I use Syncthing for all my Obsidian notes between four devices (laptop, stationary, work computer, mobile) and am generally satisfied with it. It does seem to use a lot of battery on my phone, and I sometimes forget to start up Syncthing and synchronize before I leave work (with the consequence that my notes will not be synced before the next day, leaving the risk for conflicted copies).