Anyone Generate Teaching Material/ Course Lectures Out of Their Notes? Share/Showcase Structure, Workflows, Templates?

I’ve typically maintained all my lectures in a behemoth LaTeX project, with each topic having a behemoth TeX file.

I probably will stick to LaTeX for the final output, so I’m thinking of using Obsidian more as an “idea/narrative/resource/structure” compiler/manager, and the actual production pipeline in a dedicated project … but I’m happy to thinking about bringing this into full Markdown within-Obsidian workflows if anyone has anything to share.

What I’m thinking now is to break everything thing down into little “story notes”, e.g. instead of “Big Multi-Lecture Topic”, I would have a bunch of more focused sub-lecture notes (5-10 slides,) and then an index note or MOC to organize the linear flow across subtopics through links. Each of these micro-lecture notes could then have subsections to collect links related to external resources or supplemental materials or fun news items etc.

5 Likes

Good idea.

I’ve been postponing cutting up my lengthy entries into smaller chunks and all I could think of is more manual tasks along the lines of refractoring headings into individual notes and transcluding them. Probably an MOC/Index kind of approach would be safer too.

As always, automation (with the help of Templater?) would be best, or if needed, a program that is not Obsidian to do the job.