Any way to change scrollbar width? It's too small for me

I would like to increase the width of my scrollbar. Currently it’s too small for me and very hard to click on if I’d like to use it with my mouse.
I’ve searched on the forum but found no solutions.
Is there some css property that controls the scrollbar size?

1 Like

Hello @tomocska

Good news! @klaas was kind enough to gather many people’s snippets here https://github.com/Dmitriy-Shulha/obsidian-css-snippets/tree/develop/Snippets. The following snippet can be adjusted and enabled within Settings > Appearance. If you are unsure how to do that, I believe it is described in the help and multiple forum posts. I grabbed that link from this topic: "How to achieve" CSS code snippets

/* Scrollbar */
/* change width */
::-webkit-scrollbar {
  width:15px;
}

Good luck!

4 Likes

There is also a Native Scrollbars plugin you can run if you are allowing Community Plugins.

2 Likes

It’s working perfectly, thank you :smiley:

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for your code @I-d-as :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

If it doesn’t work, I suggest to put !Important in this way:

/* Scrollbar /
/
change width */
::-webkit-scrollbar {
width:15px !important;
}

4 Likes

@tomocska: Cool! I definitely use the widened scrollbars and that is what drew me to this in the first place. Glad this seems to have been helpful.

@Terlab: Good to know! I probably should have better clarified that I simply copied and pasted the code from the repository I mentioned above. It’s all good!

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.