Any easy way to end a bold/italic sentence?

When typing a note and pressing “CMD + b” or “CMD + i” for bold and italics, it automatically inserts ** before and after the cursor (or * for italics). Ideally, it would be nice to press the command again to end similar to pressing ]] at the end of a link. However, it only adds ** to the end of the line, resulting in ****.

The current workaround for this is either clicking to the end of the line, using the “end” button, or the arrow keys, but for each of those I have to take my eyes off of the screen and look for the keys.

Is there a solution to this? I’ve look for keybinding methods but I am not very skilled at coding and the terminal and .dict stuff is hard to understand. Karabiner only allows their premade complex key bindings, because I think a binding for “CMD + ;” would work well functioning as the “end” button.

1 Like

I suspect the simplest solution is just to type _ or ** to start italics/bold, and type _ or ** again when you want to end the style. This way you don’t need to worry about key bindings!

You can also select the words and then tap cmd+i or cmd+b.

I’m moving this to “Resolved help” since there hasn’t been no replies for 3 days. Let me know if you have further questions, in which case we can move it back.

Thanks for understanding!

2 Likes