Any clean ways to change text color of headings?

Are there any clean ways to change the color of headings to make things more organized? I understand that standard markdown has no support for text color, so I typically use span elements to accomplish this.

### <span style="color: blue;">Heading</span>

This has worked for me very well so far, until I get to internal linking with headers. When Obsidian tried to link a header, the header name inlcudes the whole span element which I don’t want the header identified as.

[[Note#span style color blue Heading span]]

Is there another way to achieve changing the header color or hiding the span element in the header name, or would this be a pending feature request?

I think Obsidian should have some basic support for text color just because it makes things far easier to read.

1 Like

Is this what you mean?

Yeah, that works, but not applicable to my current use case. I don’t want every H3 to be the same color. I would just defined my own headings in CSS instead and not use the markdown headings, but the Obsidian linker won’t recognize these as linkable elements.

.custom-header {
  font-size: 26px;
  color:  skyblue;
}

<span class="custom-header">Header</span>

Maybe define a cssclass for that note only with front matter. Would be all the H3s in that note, but not globally.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.