An 'object' character is created in obsidian editing mode: Tablet

I love obsidian; I am updating many details in the vault. Please rectify this issue in the tablet.

Steps to reproduce

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet S7+, Android version 13 and One UI version 5.0
→ Step 1: Install a new obsidian app and create a new vault.
→ Step 2: Open a new .md file and create a new heading and add any number of characters you like; here is when you are gonna try characters like ‘:’ ‘;’ ‘>’, and so on… Try all the characters, and all of a sudden new ‘objects’ are created.
→ Step 3: Analysing the reason for the object: I tested for a series of characters and changed the order and tried every combination of characters. This is my conclusion, the object is not created because of a specific character; sometimes, it is because of one character next time, it’s because of another character.
→ Step 4: Tried two different keyboards, the Samsung keyboard, which comes with the UI, and the Logitech keyboard 380. No change is the conclusion. Comment, it is not because of the keyboard model.
→ Step 5: Okay, I thought it was because of the plugins, so I used no plugin scenario, still this issue exists.

Expected result

The same file was taken screenshot in a different vault in the computer which when copy & pasted into the tablet’s new vault.

Actual result

When edit mode is on, and once we lay the cursor on the .md file and the output is generated. Random dot-like characters are created and represented as objects in the read mode.

These are object-like boxes created in the file.

Environment

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet S7+, Android version 13 and One UI version 5.0

• Operating system: Android version 13 and One UI version 5.0. Knox version 3.9, API level 36 & DualDAR 1.5.0 & HDM 2.0 -F. Kernel version 4.19.113-25473228.

• Debug info:
    SYSTEM INFO:
    Operating system: android 13 (samsung SM-T970)
    Obsidian version: 1.4.1 (83)
    API version: v1.0.3
    Login status: not logged in
    Live preview: on
    Legacy editor: off
    Base theme: dark
    Community theme: Blue Topaz
    Snippets enabled: 0
    Restricted mode: off
    Plugins installed: 18
    Plugins enabled: 13
    1: Periodic Notes v0.0.17
    2: Smart Typography v1.0.18
    3: Recent Files v1.3.3
    4: Admonition v9.0.5
    5: Calendar v1.5.10
    6: Tasks v1.15.0
    7: Obsidian Git v2.5.1
    8: Full Calendar v0.6.1
    9: Dataview v0.5.46
    10: Find orphaned files and broken links v1.8.0
    11: Regex Pipeline v1.3.0
    12: Tomorrow’s Daily Note v1.0.2
    13: Excalidraw v1.7.27

RECOMMENDATIONS:
Custom theme and snippets: for cosmetic issues, please first try updating your theme and disabling your snippets. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community theme and snippets.
Community plugins: for bugs, please first try updating all your plugins to latest. If still not fixed, please try to make the issue happen in the Sandbox Vault or disable community plugins.

1 Like

there is an open thread in the mobile section where you should have posted this.
Try to disable predictive text/grammarly in samsung keyboard or use gboard.

1 Like